Friday, April 29, 2016

Working together to
end Homelessness

What is Floating Support?

Floating support is a service that provides housing related support to adults (over 16) to enable them to maintain their independence in their own homes.  It is available to single people, couples and families from all communities within the Perth and Kinross area.

The service focuses on a range of individuals with some or all of the following needs:

  • Drug Misuse
  • Alcohol Misuse
  • Anti Social Behaviour
  • Vulnerable Adults within the Community
  • Mental Health
  • Physical Disabilities
  • Risk of Homelessness

How can we help?

Floating Support can provide professional help and advise in many different areas, these include.

  • Rent Arrears
  • Benefits, Budgeting and Debts
  • Medical and General Health
  • Linking in with Specialist Support Networks
  • Accessing Local Services
  • Setting up a New Home
  • Developing Independent Living Skills
  • Ensuring the Home is Safe and Secure (Gate keeping)
  • Accessing Training, Education and Employment

How does it work?

Referrals for this service can be made on your behalf or you can self refer to Supporting People at Perth and Kinross Council.  This will then be forwarded to a support agency such as CATH, who will make contact with you to arrange a suitable time to meet with you at your home to discuss your needs and what support can be provided to assist you.

You will be provided with a fully qualified and experienced support worker with an excellent knowledge and understanding of housing support provision.  Your support worker and you will identify and plan a support package that is suitable to you and your needs.  Your support plan is outcome focused to enable you to achieve the maximum degree of independence.  This will be reviewed with you regularly to ensure your identified needs are being met

When you and your support worker agree that you no longer need support a planned exit will be agreed. If you need advice or assistance in the future, you can still call us for some assistance.

How we work and interact with other support networks

C.A.T.H floating support is a service for people aged 16 and over, and as such, we remain objective and compassionate to people with multiple and complex needs. We use a person centered approach and regardless of their circumstances a service user will be treated with respect and dignity at all times.

We work with a wide range of services within the Perthshire area, these include

  • Social Work Department. (Adult Care, Drug & Alcohol, Criminal Justice)
  • T.A.P.S – Tayside Alcohol Problem Service
  • Community Support (Pullar House)
  • Medical Staff – i.e Doctors, Nurses/District Medical Teams
  • Care Providers – Allied, Nurse Plus
  • Day Centres – Lewis Place – Rannoch Road.
  • Drug & Alcohol Team (Highland House)
  • Housing Services – Allocations Team PKC & Housing Associations, Housing Benefits, Council Tax, Allocated Housing Officers.
  • Family/Friends

Contact Details

Churches Action for the Homeless
188-190 High Street

Tel. 01738 580 188
Fax. 01738 580 637

Professional/Agency feedback

  • "Very much appreciated. P is very lucky to have you on his side, I sincerely mean that. I’m thinking of having you cloned so everyone I see can also see you."
     - Dr. Alistair Hull, Consultant Psychiatrist
  • "The support that CATH has provided to certain service users is effective and has had a dramatic effect on these people’s lives. This is to be congratulated."
     - Duncan McNaughton, PKC Supporting People on behalf of Social Work Department
  • "There has been a remarkable change in Mr. D since June 2011. This has been greatly due to the support he receives from CATH FLOATING SUPPORT."
     - Criminal Justice Department

Contact Details

Churches Action for the Homeless
188-190 High Street

CATH is a charity registered in Scotland No. SC021740

Quick Links

About Us
Contact Us
Copyright © 2013 Churches Action for The Homeless